Small businesses are the backbone of the United States economy, and there is little debate among Americans as to their importance. The Kansas City metropolitan area in particular is steeped in the practice of and support for entrepreneurship.
There are many types of professionals who help make small businesses successful: accountants/CPAs, lenders/bankers, insurance agents or brokers, financial advisors, investment advisors, business consultants, business brokers, website developers and designers, fellow entrepreneurs, and business lawyers. Some play a larger role than others for any given business.
In today’s day and age, business owners are burdened with too many competing demands on their time to be able to understand all of the various laws that affect their businesses, let alone how those laws might apply in unique situations. A strategic partner of a business owner is a good business lawyer, a detail-oriented professional who knows how to manage paperwork, communicate clearly, navigate complex issues, and protect the company’s reputation and assets in the face of a heated dispute, all while working under pressure with deadlines that may be rapidly approaching.
Kincaid Business & Entrepreneurial Law, LLC ® is experienced business law counsel. This law firm is routinely engaged to advise new or existing clients on business law matters throughout the Kansas City metropolitan area and across the states of Kansas and Missouri. Below is a representative sample of our capabilities:
– Organize limited liability companies (LLCs), holding companies, operating companies, and other types of entities
– Represent businesses in pre-litigation disputes, including the preparation of and responses to demand letters
– Negotiate company sales and purchases, and navigate companies through other commercial transactions
– Perform asset protection services, including counseling on insurance matters and implementing strategies to minimize personal liability
– Write operating agreements, master services agreements, statements of work, and other documents
– Counsel on the departure, withdrawal, or resignation of LLC members
– Draft contracts and review and revise existing documents, templates, and forms
– Advise business owners on fiduciary duties and strategic considerations
– File and defend claims and lawsuits in the state and federal courts of Kansas and Missouri, including causes of action for quantum meruit, unjust enrichment, and breach of contract
– Serve as outside general counsel to small and medium-sized businesses
If you would like to make an appointment with Kincaid Business & Entrepreneurial Law, LLC ® regarding a business law matter, please feel free to conveniently schedule with us here.